Katikkiro, Charles Peter MayigaThe Prime Minister of Buganda
He is a Ugandan lawyer cultural leader and author. He is the current Katikkiro (Prime Minister) of the government of Buganda, a constitutional monarchy in present-day Uganda. He was appointed to that position by the reigning Kabaka of Buganda, His Majesty Ronald Muwenda Mutebi II of Buganda, in May 2013, replacing Engineer John Baptist Walusimbi. .
Charles Peter Mayiga was born in Kasanje Village, Kabonera Parish, Masaka District, Central Uganda. His parents are Ssaalongo Cyprian Mukasa and Nnaalongo Rebecca Kyese Mukasa.
Born Uganda | Residence Kampala, Uganda | Nationality Ugandan | Ethnicity Muganda | Citizenship Uganda | Occupation Lawyer | Years active 1991 — present | Known for Cultural Matters | Home town Masaka | Religion Roman Catholic.
- Starting in 1991, Charles Peter Mayiga has been working closely with the elders of the Kingdom of Buganda, sharpening his knowledge and understanding of the customs and traditions of Buganda.
- In June 1991, Charles Peter Mayiga was appointed Admnistrative Secretary and assistant to the Secteray General of the Ssaabataka's Supreme Council (the name given to Buganda Lukiiko at the time since it was still outlawed under the 1967 Constitution).
- Later, he was appointed Principal Administrative Secretary up to 1994. He was appointed to member of the Lukiiko in 1994 and in 1995, Ssaabasajja Kabaka appointed him Deputy Minister in Charge of the Lukiiko. In 1996, he named minister of the Youth.
- In the same year, he was named Minister for Youth and Cabinet Affairs. In 2002, the Kabaka appointed him Minister of Youth, Cabinet Affairs and Lukiiko Affiars, Information and Kingdom Spokesman.
- He served in that capacity until he was appointed Prime Minister of Buganda in May 2013.
- Butale Primary School and Nkoni Primary School.
- St. Henry’s College Kitovu and Kitante Hill School, O'Level education
- St. Mary’s College Kisubi, A'Level
- Degree of Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Makerere University
- Diploma in Legal Practice, obtained, Law Development Center
Charles Peter Mayiga is a Law Partner in Buwule Mayiga & Company Advocates, based in Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. He is married to Margaret Mayiga, an alumnus of Trinity College Nabbingo. He is the author of a book titled King on the Throne, which chronicles the story of the restoration of the Kingdom of Buganda. He is also the author of Buganda ku Ntikko - a book in Luganda that explains Buganda's key five tenets (Ensonga Ssemasonga Ettaano). In 2016, Katikkiro Mayiga is expected to release his third book titled, Uganda: 7-Key Transformation Idea.