Katikkiro Mayiga addresses Buganda Bumu Conference on His achievements as Katikkiro
The Katikkiro of Buganda, Oweek. Charles Peter Mayiga, has addressed the 2023 Buganda Bumu North American Conference, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Seattle, USA.
In his speech, he highlighted some of his achievements as Katikkiro in the past ten years which include the following:
- Reaffirming and strengthening Kabaka’s position; promoting the Kingdom’s positive image; reconstruction of Royal Tombs and palaces, promoting federal structures have been key.
- The Buganda Lukiiko keenly observes and guides the Kingdom’s administration on key activities, people’s standards of living have been uplifted; education; health among others have been improved, there has been a great change in people’s mindset towards several developmental ideas and the running of the Kingdom.
- There have been various visits to Kabaka’s people around the world amidst strengthening unity. Women, the youth and the disabled, have also been put at the forefront.
- Communication with the Central Government has greatly increased, so has the revenue to the Buganda treasury.
- Several partnerships have been formed between viable companies and organizations in the efforts to promote the Kingdom.
He thanked the Baganda living in the United States, for their enthusiasm towards the Kingdom’s programs and urged them to remain hopeful.
Katikkiro Mayiga advised people in the diaspora to always find time and take a break from their day to day hassles.
Earlier during the day, Oweek. Joseph Kawuki, represented the 2nd Deputy Katikkiro, Oweek. Robert Waggwa Nsibirwa and presented a paper on the Kingdom’s investment status.
The event featured a variety talent exhibition among the children, and was attended by Prince David Kintu Wasajja, Abataka Ab'obusolya, Ministers, MPs, Kabaka’s chiefs in the diaspora and many others.
Posted by Buganda Kingdom